Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Danner Pronghorns are the Chevy 350 of boots... my wife and kids wear them. They’re probably the best “cheap” boot out there.

Personally.... I will skimp on a rifle, a scope, Binocular, pack, etc.... before I skimp on boots. As far as I’m concerned, my boots are my single most important piece of “hunting equipment”. I have a pair of Lowa SheepHunters that I paid $400 for, they’re on their 10th Season. I’d guess they have several hundre hard miles on them. They’ve never leaked, and I’ve never had a single blister... they are so worth the verbal accosting from my wife at the time of purchase. $40/year is pretty inexpensive for quality boots.

PS.... I still wear those boots 30-50 Days a year..... that wife is loooong gone.... them’s good boots.

Lot's of wisdom in this post. Agree 100%. Boots (and I will add glass) are the two things I'll never skimp on. Oh, and I'll add hunting partner to that list!

+1
If you decide to limit the spend on the boots and assuming you don't need insulation, check out REI for garmonts or lowas or asolos and get a set of gaiters...order a bunch and see what fits.