Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by 6mm250
What happened to American gunmakers was American buyers.

Americans will buy any kind of sorry ass crap now. It ain't about quality anymore it's about a price point.

Mike

600 bucks is not a "price point", that's a lot of money for a .22 pistol and the buyer should have every expectation of top quality.

That Mark IV was built to a price point. Why do some people think a firearm's price is determined by caliber? It can and will cost almost as much to build a quality .22 as it does any other caliber firearm. $600 is not a lot of money for any firearm these days. I remember when you could get a Browning Superposed for under $400 and you could get a new car for $3K. Costs go up, as does wages. I'm more able to afford a $4K shotgun now than I was a $400 shotgun 25 years ago. If that Ruger Mark IV was not built to a price point it would be made with all machined forged steel parts, hand fitted and extensively tested before shipping and would cost you about $2K. The action on my .22 benchrest rifle, which was not built to a price point but was built to be perfect, cost me $1,500. For just the action! We can still make them near perfect, it's just going to cost more than most would want to pay.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/12/18.