Originally Posted by Remington280
Originally Posted by xugz0212
I know they are not even on the same size, weight and power and price range. Let me give a bit background here:

I have no experience with spotting scope > $100, and I'm planning to get a decent mainly for spotting paper target out to 300 yards in range and steel target out to 1000 yards, and maybe a bit hunting in the future. Athlon Cronus 20-60 seems to be a decent scope under $1500 price range with ED glass. I'm not sure how good it is compared to the new vortex razor hd.

I'm not aware of Kowa TSN-55 until it was highly recommended by someone from RokSlide. Did a bit research online and it seems its pure fluorite crystal glass is superior. Only concern is if the 45× power is enough at 300+ yards range. Plus, I can get it from Optics Planet at ~$1300 at the moment, which is a killer deal to me.

Vanguard Endeavor HD 65A/82A are not even on the same price range with the above two. But I heard a lot of good things about it and it is said in par with razor hd. Considering it's price (~350 for 65A, and $450 for 82A), it is very attractive to me. Will this one get the job done for 300+ yards? If so, I will just save the extra money on a better riflescope.

Thanks!

I just picked up the Vanguard Endeavor HD 65A cause of the reviews and price point. It does have some excellent glass but haven't make it to the range yet to test out how well I can see bullet holes at 300 yds. How soon are you needing one, maybe I can test it out soon and report back.

Thanks for the offering. I'm not in a hurry:) How's optics on 45×? Is it clear enough?