Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Just ordered the 82A Hope I get a Good example....

I received the Vanguard 82A ED Today......The glass is OK at 30X but above that it is a little fuzzy lacks contrast....I also received a Cabelas 15-45x65 Krotos HD ...That was on Back order.

I spent the whole afternoon with them set up side by side...Looking as far as 1000 Yrds away....The Krotos Blows the Vanguard away....It is crystal clear to 45X and built like a tank...Colors just POP.....Wide field of view,..Good eye relief....Brighter than the 82A even at Dusk.. Its a Keeper....

I had bought the Krotos 20-60 yesterday and returned It...... No where near as good as the 45X Krotos....

Thanks for the inputs! Why do you think the 20-60 krotos is worse?

Also there is another ongoing thread in rikslide abt this and some one mentioned in the comment and i just quote:

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/optics/63120-cabelas-krotos-spotting-scope-4.html

""Hey....Just wanted to Give you a Heads up On these scopes....I picked up one of each the Other day On sale....I had to return both of them because of Metal shavings... If you have not checked them yet...You should The 45X was worse than the 60X...Take a Flash light and look down the Objective end... Move the Focus as far as it will go to the right...Both of mine were full of metal shavings...They will work loose and and get stuck to the Objective lens and might lock up the Focus in time.....I should have Know they were blowing these out for a reason..... It is a shame!!!!!! they have really good Glass..."

Do you notice any metal shaving? Thx!