Not a one centerfire rifle arsensal, but one centerfire levergun.

What would you choose?

For pig flusher. Maybe meat deer. Close range targets of opportunity. Alternative to a 22 as a plinker. Woods bumming.

The 30-30 certainly has the longer range and if I was ever down to one and only one rifle, I think it could suffice. And in my choices, would be easily scopeable if I was to go that way. Most likely a 336 carbine, maybe a youth model /buckhorn, but possibly a 94 angle eject also.
I pretty much know what to expect with the 336 in 30-30 as I've had a few.
A pound of trailboss and some light lead slugs might make it a more fun plinker, although I've never reloaded. Over the counter ammo is fine for hunting.

The 357 and 45 come in a lighter sleeker package, and would be more versatile as a plinker or a pack rifle for targets of opportunity or self defense in the field in the southern U.S.
Most likely this would be in a Rossi or similar 92 replica.
Never owned one of these, but have handled a few and was impressed with the toy like dimensions, the light slick actions, and the solid feel.
The 45 caliber holes would be cool for plinking, but the 357/38 cheaper to shoot.
I most likely would reload for either of these also, but not exclusively.

No matter the choice, I'd go cheap and simple with the hammer style reloader or possibly the hand press as I have little desire to set up a loading room or a permanent bench.

Last edited by DollarShort; 02/10/18.