GF1,I know Art by telephone from his days at the Browning repair facility at Arnold. He does know Brownings and he knows how to give customer service. He once before went out on his own. During this time I sent another Superposed in for a re work. It was screwed up beyond pitiful. I wrote the president of Browning. Meanwhile, they hired Art Back. He called me saying that he had my letter in hand. One aboration was that they had cut down a 12 ga stock to fit a 20. He doubted that could be done. Art asked me to ship the gun back to his attention. A few days later, my phone rang. Art told me that he was holding my gun. All I said was "and?" He replied that the SOB was exactly as I had described it. We talked another time or two. When I got the gun back, it looked like new.

BTW, my springs are all 55 y.o. I always tried to tune mine to where the load being used just does work. Also have a fairly recent Decelerator on it. S-I-L says, "The Boss is serious when he breaks out the old Browning." I have chased Bob White and Blue Quail many miles with the A-5. Looking back, I wish that I had taken a Sweet Sixteen. Anyway, some way we are going to get this problem solved, even if I do have to break out the MEC.

Best,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero