Hh Mike S, Academy, of all places, has the load I mentioned above, 20 ga 7/8 AA @ 980. Bought a box to try. Lots of things interfering with my usual goof off retirement, but I'm going to the farms/ranches Friday to pick up grandchildren. I'm packing the Superposed and the Montefeltro to give them a shakedown even if just on European Collared Dove (no closed season) to see if they function in either of the guns. Those loads are a bit more shot and a little less velocity than the 28 High brass. Cross your fingers.

Those shells are a bit expensive @ almost $8 per box, but we are not talking high volume shooting. I will be happy to use a flat of them per year. Even at twice that, it beats buying another gun for upwards of a grand and 28s are not cheap either, plus other than the attendant bruising, I am happy with both pieces. As said before, I could pad the Benelli with a softer product, but a saw will never touch the Browning as long as I am upright.

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 03/06/18.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero