Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Geno, that's exactly what I meant. It is my opinion that real shooters are interested in accuracy, not in emptying a magazine as quickly as possible. And conversely, that people who just want to make the fastest possible blamblamblam are not real shooters.

I have a tendency to agree with you Rocky. Most of my favorite days at a range have been with a front stuffer, Goex, and patched round balls trying to get a good combo. Or a good bolt action with a few different type of ammo trying to get that magical group.

However, I'll not take away from the fun others might have that feel a need to own one. And some who may be interested in home (neighborhood?) defense might want the ability to provide suppressive fire as they were trained in the military. Do I project that happening? No. Do others? Probably. Otherwise why the high sales numbers of "tactical" items of all sorts?

And I will admit (somewhat sheepishly?) to perhaps having enjoyed myself a time or two with my semi-auto .22's emptying a magazine at a small gong as fast ass I could.

Geno

PS, this argument over the bumpfires reminds me of awhile back and the arguments that existed back in the "assault weapon" ban days, whether the original ban or the re-authorization arguments. Who needs a high powered semi auto hunting rifle, or a high capacity removable magazine shotgun when a double or Rem 870 will do? For that matter who needs a Porsche or Corvette when the speed limits are generally below 75 and those cars can double that?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?