Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by WTM45
How could anybody be against the largest provider of firearm safety training and education materials for law enforcement, CCW applicants, hunters, competitors and youth shooting programs?

I really liked the old NRA, which stuck to teaching firearm safety and promoting the shooting sports. Bought my first gun from the local rep in Lincoln, CA, in the mid 60s. But it changed radically in 1971 and has become more radical since. It's resistance to reasonable gun control has undoubtedly contributed to all of these mass shootings and the deaths of innocent school kids and churchgoers. I cannot be part of that.

So, let's blame the entire membership of the APA for the opioid crisis. And Medicare fraud.

Wow.

The pain doctors, and doctors generally, have contributed mightily to the opioid crisis and are complicit in many overdose deaths. I think the root cause was when JCAHO made hospital accreditation contingent on aggressively treating pain. Their slogan was "Pain is the Fifth Vital Sign". The problem with that is that pain is a symptom, not a sign, and it's not vital. So here is the main accreditation body in the country sloganizing the practice of medicine. They have quintupled overdose deaths since 2000. They came out last year with a statement trying to distance themselves from the fallout, but they own it.

Last edited by Paddler; 03/01/18.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope