Wow ... that's what I paid for my 453 American a couple years ago, when they had a "last" run.

I am pretty sure, all told, I was in well over $500 for my "last chance" 453 American 22LR. I would not sell it for twice that. But, point well taken, CZ prices going up. I got my 453 and can sit back and watch the 452 situation. I would look for a 452 22mag if they offered that. I dont expect it. I am sure not buying any 455 anything. if I had nothing, I might. I am sure that is the CZ marketing gamble.

Some people are distressed over the pricing of these 452. They are about $100 more than comparable 455. The whole 455 product line is simplified (ie interchangeable mix and match) and the manufacturing of the 455 itself is also simplified. The 452 american has a nicer blue and polish than the 455 american. A 20% price difference seems logical to me.

Pricing is not just based on manf cost. It is based on the company name & reputation and customer demand. The price of a Browning or new Colt is not simply cost to build with a % markup formula. The customer is paying a premium for the brand.

I remember when i first saw CZ products. The prices were stupid cheap. The iron curtain had fell and the check republic was rebuilding an economy after decades of communist exploitation. Well, they are back. The workers get an honest days pay. Assumption. The CZ firearms command a premium well beyond break even. I expect the company is making a very good profit.