Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I have one of the 452s (2016 models), and it's by far the best shooting .22 rifle I have. The wood is okay, it looks like they stole the blanks off Ruger's woodpile, but more importantly, it shoots well. With good ammo, it's not rare to shoot under a .5" at 50 yards.

I had one of the very early 455s, and it was a serious disappointment. I tried it with all three chamberings, and it wasn't anything close to this 452. Last year, I bought a later (C-prefix) 455 Scout that shoots "almost" as well as the 452, but the key word there is "almost", it's not quite there, but it IS a lot handier for hanging out a truck window. The Scout outshoots an RAR Predator .22LR I have, it's a keeper.

The newest 455s are coming along quite well, I think, but based on those three CZs, I'd still pick the 452, given the choice. I wouldn't be scared of a new 455, though, they are doing better now.

I like that little Ruger, too, but they have a very long ways to go, to catch up with the CZs.

I have always heard from their introduction years ago, that the m455 rifles as they come from the box have not been as consistently accurate from rifle to rifle as the m452s..

Some folks have speculated that CZ has lowered their barrel quality.I fnd that a bit hard to believe ,since they have bern hammer forged from the start and they have always prided themselves on their barrel quality and bore/chamber specs.

I am beginning to think that just as Ruger has found out ,building a rifle with a non.threaded,removeable barrel system
can lead to accuracy problems. When you actually look at the set screw attachment system on the CZ m455s, it looks even less robust and repeatable than even the system Rugers uses .

I think with some of the poor shooting m455s ,that might be the source of their problems.

The grub screws that hold the barrel in place on the 455 are all but glued into place on the Scout I have, you can't budge them, and it shoots all but as well as the 452. Proved that today, in fact. I took both CZs to the range, along with my RARs, and there was no doubt that the CZs were "on" today. I couldn't get any satisfaction at all from the Rugers, but both CZs made me very happy.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.