Originally Posted by 358wsm
Originally Posted by 79S
I don’t need to encourage anyone.. buy whatever you want but I can wander into any store in Alaska and get a box of shells for an 06.. I wandered the wilds of unit 13 and never worried about charging bears.. but I have complete faith in whatever I’m carrying to turn a charge if one ever happened. The big question will you be able to hit a charging bear? I don’t care what you have if you can’t hit what’s charging you might as well have a rape whistle and blow on it cause that bear about to give you the ass raping of a lifetime. That bear ain’t going to give you any chocolates afterwards either..

So.... in order to "hit" and "hit" again, shootability, and recoil recovery would come into play. Figure an 06 might be an advantage there.
Going for CNS coming in at 30 mph could be dicey. A miss might wind up in the chest, right or left, or high (spine works.)

Where did you hit yours when it was charging.??? CNS.? Somewhere else.?

Guess I’m lucky I never had to worry about charging bears.. hell phil shoemaker killed a charging bear with a 9mm pistol... but whatever I’m lugging in the field up here I feel I’m more than adequately armed to take care of any issue. But if you want a 375 get the Ruger with the money you save buying it over the kimber you can put a good scope on it and get Warne quick disconnect rings for it. So you can switch to irons...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.