Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by BCJR
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
30-06 has probably slayed more moose in Alaska than any other caiber.

+1.
I will bet the '06 has killed more bears too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ is your answer. Even if it may not be what you want to hear,

Mike McDonald, retired chief biologist for ADF&G, once told me that more brown and grizzly bears were killed in defense of life & property (DLP) with a .30-06 and 180gr cup & core bullets than any other combo. This was based on the necropsies and reports that have to be filed with ADF&G on every DLP case.

If the OP is comfortable with a .300WM, I say go forth, buy a stainless/synthetic .300WM, put a good 3-9x on it, load it with premium 180gr bullets and go kill stuff. My surrogate Dad killed several Interior Grizzlies, and I don't know how many moose, with his Colt-Sauer .300WM and dropped them all without issue.

Ed

Colt sauer.... you ain't right... I still dream of one of those...

BTW don't run 180 partitions at 300 mag speeds, I had a lot of issues with nothing much left of them, one even failed to break a white tails neck at only about 125 yards once... JB then told me 180s were 06 bullets 200 partitions where 300 mag bullets... but I had found barnes in the meantime. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....