Originally Posted by stevevan1
I really think the ammo not being available is really over used and only thought of by those who are extremely paranoid. I've hunted a fair amount out of country and have never experienced getting to a camp without my ammo. Pack right and that has zero chance of happening. In fact I can't remember being in a camp when any other hunters arrived without their ammo. How much is needed anyway, pack 2 boxes of loaded if you do your part correctly most of those will cartridges will go home with you. Having said that you're not alone in camp and worse case scenario there is always an extra firearm to be used.

Nobody has said that one would get to the campsite without ammo. We are talking about hunters who spend a small fortune to travel to Alaska to hunt moose and other game, and the possibility of having to purchase ammo at one of the local stores. However, if for whatever reason you need more ammo at the campsite, there is a good chance that the other hunters there will share some of theirs to help you out. Otherwise you would have to travel somewhere to buy ammo, or borrow a rifle, or just end the hunt.

Last edited by Ray; 03/18/18.