Originally Posted by pete53
well this will be my first hunting trip to Alaska and there has been some good information posted on here and yes we will be in the remote area with plenty bears I guess,so I`ll deal with it. I have been around bears alot out west bowhunting and rifle hunting for elk but have always had that good bear thing as they all ran away,but have had friends that had to deal with a bad bear thing while hunting. I live with black bears here in northern part of Minnesota just have a nuisance bear once in a while,our biggest problem is we have way to many wolves and someday here in Minnesota someone may get serious hurt because wolves have been coming into yards killing and eating pets and farm animals. I do think using a 7mm rem .mag. with 160 grain partitions should do what I need it to do on a bull moose and hopefully I just see good bears while in Alaska ! thanks for the great information !! Pete53

Good luck. The ammo deal is still funny as hell but whatever floats their boat.

Do you carry a small or large ammo can full of 7mag for each of you?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....