I'll play along. Of the rifles I currently have it would be a .375 H&H M70 or a Sako 300WM Desert Eagle. But if building one I would think about a 9.3x62 in a stainless action. I think a MPI Dakota mannlicher style would be uber cool. I would get the graphite version. Since I am a lefty it would have to be either the M70 action or more likely the Montana with the lightening job done on it. I would have a low power scope no greater than 7x and back up peep site NECG or Tally if they still make them. Barrel length would be 20-21" depending on what the stock would accommodate. Barnes, Nosler, Woodleigh, Raptor and Hammer bullets would all get some consideration. I would go for an all up weight of eight pounds plus or minus a half pound.

My bud's in Alaska mostly carry 338s, 45-70 guide guns and one 444 Marlin. When I was up there I carried a 7RM the only rifle I owned at the time. As far as bear encounters I had plenty but the only close one involved our lodge cook and she discouraged a big blackie from coming into the kitchen cabin again rather well with a twelve inch cast iron skillet. This also helped keep the guides out of the cabin as well. But you would look kinda of silly packing around a skillet while you were moose hunting.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli