Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Judman
Hunted a place east of Melville years ago, the ranch hand killed some dandy stubbies, silver almost like a lynx... like to kill one someday. Ours are real orange

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like these?

Two different cats, both old Toms, from the same set, seven days apart. This was back in the mid eighties.

Crappy pics of pics....

Gorgeous cats! I would love to get one like either of those.

We have lots of cats here on the wet coast but as said, they usually don't have much for spots other than the belly and most are a brownish drab with orange underfur. It is a curiosity to me why there are so many cats in this wet world, seemingly considerably more per square unit than there are east of the mountains where it is dry and cold. More cougars as well as more bobcats.

Edited to add a caveat: Lots of bobs on the Olympic Peninsula and southern mainland BC, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the northern Pacific Coast. I went along on a one day bobcat calling foray south of here, near Centralia, WA, and didn't find a trace of bobcat sign. No snow so I could easily have missed some, but on the Olympic Peninsula or across the line into BC, an equal amount of roaming country, even without snow, would have turned up considerable bobcat sign.

Last edited by Okanagan; 03/14/18.