Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
If I was going to run a TSX/TTSX at 2,800, I'd probably use something else, maybe a Fed TBT, NPT, etc.

150 gr. at 3K would be my choice between those two loads. I'd be concerned about expansion, maybe sub the LRX, reportedly a bit softer.

I'd like to hear testimonies about the TTSX at 2,800 fps. I've never run one that slow.

DF

Edited to exclude the big bores. I like the 250 TTSX in my .375 H&H. That one at 2,800 or better works pretty well. I'm thinking .30 cal and under.

Not exactly what you are asking bought we used my M70 358 Win with the 200 gr TTSX at 2650 fps on eight or nine animals in 2012 from springbuck and warthog through gemsbuck and wildebeest with stellar performance with all animals dropping either right now or within 10 yards or so. We recovered one bullet from a warthog that carried the bullet diagonal from near shoulder to off hip. Picture perfect and still weighing 200 grs. In June I am taking a 30-06 loaded with the 168 gr TSX to Namibia with zero worries regarding expansion. I have killed a fair bit of game with the X/TSX in the 416 Rem (Africa cape buffalo and plains game last year), the 9.3x62 (Africa 2002 plains game), 35 Whelen (BC moose/elk) and the 338-06 (a couple of elk) with stellar performance every time. They are all I use.

Conduct is the best proof of character.