Originally Posted by prm
Bringing this back up. Any new insights?

I was looking at a box of Lapua Brass on the shelf debating whether I "needed" it.

This per Lane Pearce with Shooting Times:
Altogether, I tested 16 batches of test loads and discerned a definite "better" performance bias with most of the small rifle primers. With a couple of exceptions, there was very little difference in average velocities, but the small rifle primers almost always delivered reduced standard deviations and improved accuracy. I consulted Dave Emary, Hornady's chief ballistic and originator of the 6.5 Creedmoor, to share the good news. He promptly poured cold water on my results. He goes on to say basically that Emary says typical 6.5 Creedmoor powder charges are too large to reliably ignite with small rifle primers under all conditions. Then Pearce goes on to say he con suited with Hodgdon Powder on this and their rep agreed. For even more confirmation, he was told the potential rewards from using the small primer in 6.5 Creedmoor were out weighed by the risks, especially when trying double based powders to achieve higher velocities.
Wordy, yes, but it tells me all I need to know. I am plenty happy with Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor brass and (although I did try Lapua SP brass) I will b e sticking with it.

I'm shoot4fun on Accurate Shooter Forum and you can see my feedback there.