Originally Posted by Pappy348
I saw that piece by Pearce. Also, there's an article on the 6CM in the 2018 Hodgdon Annual by Layne Simpson, for which he used reformed 6.5 brass with both primer sizes in an RPR and an American Predator. Hard to see any advantage either way from his data, as he got impressive results with both. My main takeaway from article is that Superformance looks like a good place to start for the 6 powder-wise.

My notion is that I would be foolish to let the my choice for hunting loads be dictated by what target shooters prefer, risking poor ignition, as long as I get good accuracy with LRs. They should do what works best for them, of course.

Layne ALWAYS gets impressive results wink
While I use more Hodgdon powder than any other brand, I do not get the results others do with Superformance or H100V powders. Also, after quite some time behind the 6 Creedmoor stoked with H4350, I have found my best performance from Alliant RL16. The accuracy node was wider than a LA freeway and I get more velocity (with less pressure) from the same 42 grain charge behind 105 Hybrids.
I know that has nothing to do with this discussion of SRP v. LRP but just trying to say don't lock in on the Superformance bandwagon without trying other powders. I seem to remember during the peak H4350 shortage that Hornady was said to be using H100V in 6.5 Creedmoor loads and the results were much less favorable.

I'm shoot4fun on Accurate Shooter Forum and you can see my feedback there.