tex,

Have you tried Trail Boss for shooting small pills in your 88? I load 9,3X72R brass to the top with Trail Boss and top it with 95gr Makarov bullets. They're .365 diameter and 95 grains and make a perfect plinking and small game load.
Originally Posted by erich
Sherman Bell's "Finding Out For Myself" Part V was a study of shooting longer shells in a short chamber and he did find an increase, note as "insignificant" 10% or less but an increase. I would suspect difference in forcing cone length and bore diameter would also be a factor. I have 12ga shotguns with bores that run from .710 to .732 and forcing cones that go from almost shoulders to fairly long tapers

I think the statement "2 3/4" with the appropriate pressure" is the big issue here. The factory 2 1/2" loads I shoot (B&P High Pheasant) run in the 6000psi 1 oz and 7000 for the 1 1/16. Finding modern 2 3/4" ammo with that low of pressure would be quite a problem as most 2 3/4" ammo is a quite a bit higher pressure to run modern gas operated Semi-auto's reliably.

I still think that if the gun has 2 1/2" chambers, that's what should be shot in them.

Where are you finding the B&P short 16ga ammo? They are not shipping any to their new US supplier, so I had them take me off their email list. I REALLY liked their classic 16ga 67mm ammo. I have only one box left, and I strongly don't like the Kent Gamebore ammo. I've found it to be anything but uniform in shot drop and velocity. The crimps tend to fail, also.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”