carbon12,

You may want to rethink your statement, in that the MORON LEFT's gun-HATERS & brainless LOONS have lots of FALSE data that has been published in all sorts of publications, including official government documents out of OSHA, CDC, Department of Justice, USDA, BATFE, FBI, etc..

The same is TRUE of the books, movies, magazine articles published by the "climate change" crazies & propagandists (like Al Gore for example) who claim to have done "peer reviewed, double-blind studies" that they "dreamed up" without doing any serious research.
(Sorry Al, there NEVER were any "poor little drowning polar bear cubs", that you FALSELY claimed to have seen & wrote about in more than one "science publication" to raise money from the terminally naïve "animal lovers".)

As my grandfather used to say, "Figures don't lie but liars certainly do have figures."

That said, I know little or nothing about Mr. Gough Thomas & his published works but neither do I consider him to be THE EXPERT on shotguns or anything else, absent PROOF from neutral/independent sources of the truthfulness of the published data.
Mr. Charles E. Harris, otoh, is a well-known EXPERT on firearms, ammo reloading, cast bullets & other related subjects. AND he too is a published author, with a near-worldwide reputation.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836