Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by mooshoo
I'm planning on building 22/250 on a remington 600 with a 22'' barrel, anybody care to show some pics

Here's a .22-250 (8) twist Shilen #2, 22" on a Mohawk with aluminum bottom metal, Timney trigger, glassed and free floated.

Not that much custom work, but you get an ideal what the 22" barrel looks like. Much better balance with additional forward mass. This one is a tack driver with heavier bullets.

Go at least 8 twist... Check out this group with a MidwayUSA "80" gr. Hornady TAP/SBR bullets that actually weigh around 72 gr., although advertised as 80 gr. It's one of Hornady's short barrel rifle (SBR) bullets for .223 tactical. Midway sells a lot of Hornady surplus stuff, doesn't use their name. I had to figure out what this bullet was. http://www.hornadyle.com/products/rifle-ammunition/556-nato/75-gr-tap-sbr These bullets are not a catalog item, only available as surplus and no longer listed by Midway.

Not sure what they will do to a hog at 3,100 fps or so. One of these days...

This gun does very well with other 75 and 80 gr. bullets. Go fast twist, works well with lighter bullets, too.

that's what I call cool old school!

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]