I am partial to the Rem 660, IMO it was the nicest of the lot - they had a walnut stock, a 20" barrel and a good blue job on them. The Rem 600 had the plastic rib and a thin short barrel which I could never get to shoot as well as the Mohawk 600 or Rem 660. The Mohawk 600 had a coarser metal finish and a beechwood stock and IIRC an 18" barrel.

There does not seem to be a lot of people who collect any of the variations of them, personally I have always had a weak spot for them , particuarily the Mohawk 600 and the Rem 660, because the 660 looked good to me and both of those iterations always seemed to shoot quite accurately. A local club used to have a meat shoot that was to "a legal hunting cartridge" and "no more than a 6 power scope" - using a Mohawk 600 in 222 Rem (yes, a legal hunting cartridge in Montana) I won so many times using that combo that it was hard to get people to enter when I used it.
Back when they came out I was still doing a lot of horseback hunting and they were perfect for that, they were a light weight rifle for their day, the stock fit a saddle scabbard pretty well and the dogleg handle did not protude.

There are not a lot of folks who collect them so unless it was an outstanding example I suggest you do whatever you want with it. Or you could get a Rem model 7 which is just the modern version of 600/660 action.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.