Originally Posted by PHWILLIE
I got my copy yesterday and have really enjoyed his stories. The chapters on the old time writers was especially interesting. I started reading Sundra back in the 70's when he was with Shooting Times and he's still got it!

Ken

The first ST article of Jon Sundra's that I can recall, was an article of his on the .22Mag. vs. the 5mm Rem. Mag., way back when the 5mm was new and available. He went thru the virtues of both cartridges, and how the 5mm outshined the WMR.

It was an interesting article, for the time, and I could only dream about the rifles, as in rural Missouri, even the .22 Mag was exotic and uncommon. He also had a very good article about the .222 that I found interesting ( a case shaped like a miniature .30/06!).

I read his articles with great interest, but only because I knew I could never afford those "fancy" things, and could only dream of them. I was pretty lucky our little Rexall drug store even carried a couple of gun magazines (ST and G&A) on the magazine rack directly under the stuffed moose head, so I didn't have great dreams.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.