Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by BullShooter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
... Well, for what it's worth I used to own a Miata...
Pat-
I still own a 1968 Datsun Roadster 1600. It looks sort of like the one in the linked image below, but mine has large attractive patches of Bondo, stock wheels, and trim that most people mistake for rust. It does run, though.
--Bob
[Linked Image]

Small sports cars are fun - responsive and quick handling, like a nice lightweight rifle. It was great fun driving the Miata through the Sierra Nevada on a nice day, with the top down. But I swear that car halved the IQ of surrounding drivers. I had one incident after another where people either cut me off or otherwise nearly ran over me. A couple times it was obviously deliberate on their part.

I also went down Hwy 46 in California one time, and stopped at the memorial to James Dean, the actor who died in 1955. Dean was killed in his Porsche when another driver failed to see the small silver two seater at twilight, as the highways merged. Small silver cars blend into the road and are not obvious to other drivers, and yeah mine was also silver, just like Dean's.

I might get another, but it will be red or some other bright color. smile

Speed trap radar cops are attracted to red sports cars like bugs to a light... wink

DF