I have owned two Anschutz 54 Sporters. Both accurate, but I could never get along with the rollover stock for a walk about field rifle. Off the bench, they were great. After I moved on they came out with the American style stock. I know that in .22s, ammo is everything, but my Kimber of Oregon and repro 52 were disappointing.

I have two Marlin 39A Golden Mounties (59 and 67), Remington 510 (inherited) and a Nice 511 ($40 pawn shop find a few years ago), that all eat less than target grade ammo and are accurate. Two Browning SA made in Belgium that work for me nicely

As to handguns, I have both Dad's and Mom's Ruger Mk I pistols and my own bull barrel Mk I that all pass muster. My Bearcat likes Yellow Jackets and honestly, my SS Super Single Six is still a virgin. I have had it 6-7 years. Got to see if it is a keeper?

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 06/19/18.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero