Originally Posted by hookeye
I ordered a CZ bolt rig today, no frills.
Had a 2-7X Leupold laying around.........needed a rifle wink

Don't go there Don't go there.Don't go there (talking to myself). I have five scopes on the shelf right now.

I danged near came home with a blued 455 Synthetic today, myself. Made a road trip to Whittaker's this AM, and had to force myself to walk away. I already have two 455s and a 452, and if I'd had another set of rings on hand, I might have relented and brought it home. CZ rings can be pricey, but I like theirs better than anyone else's rings, and I KNOW they'll fit those confounded 11mm dovetails.

CZ's synthetic stocks are a cut above cheap US made stocks, they feel pretty good. I took one off my 455 stainless and put it on a 455 Scout, while dropping the stainless action into a walnut American stock. Both rifles look better that way.

In all honesty, I have enough rifles to keep me busy and I didn't really want another rifle right now. Unless I trip over something different and unusual, of course.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.