LOL. Keyboards.

I didn't mean to infer that you inferred... it was an open statement.

You could likely run your whole life down here, with ear buds in and never have any serious issues, assuming you were not on a roadway. Last I checked about the worst were cattle and maybe the whitetails in the rut. The does around the house pretty well let us slide during fawning season.

What I can't believe down here is the runners/walkers on the STREETs( define that as anything from public, to city street to highway or other roads) with earbuds. I dunno, but I want to HEAR whats going on. Maybe a partial result of being at to many wrecks as first responders, not to mention fires and seeing additional disasters happen. Much less if your not hearing due to plugs.

One would think where there are things bigger than a rutty buck or a nappy coyote around one would pay attention. Can listen to music later at home with a scotch in hand etc... At least thats Carolyns view along with mine. Plus, if you are lucky enough to be in nature, why not enjoy it? If not you could run on the high school track( which might not even be safe in AK, I put in a cautious LOL here) instead of out on trails and such.

Since I"m on my soapbox, and y'all graciously allow me to keep rambling so far and we are still illegal aliens at this time, I saw part of some show about nature attacks where this idiot gets attacked by a grizz in the lower 48... sprays her, she tears him a new one even though... and then leaves... he gets up to walk away and goes some distance, I'm thinking it was 500 or more yards the guy thought, says all of a sudden here she comes again... and I couldn't get to my pistol. WTF. I mean WTF. You had a pistol and used spray first? And then AFTER being attacked and attempting to walk out you didn't have your handgun in your..... HAND? WTF she should have taken your dumb ass out of the gene pool for the betterment of us all.

Ok, nuff said.

Well, I'll comment on 458 Lott... we walk alone at times too.. but never un prepared, and even in others company any time you take a breath its a gamble. Step out the door, more so. Not that it bothers us for we will be prepared as we can, but as we know in nature, there are winners and loosers. Nothing is guaranteed.
Though I still laugh at those afraid to fly... for the drive to the airport still is the most dangerous part of your flight generally speaking.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....