Did some 100 yard accuracy testing today. Tried two ammo types. Tula 124gr FMJ, and Tula 154gr SP. Both were about the same 3-4 inches at 100 yards.

Conditions were: temp 70F, winds 5-20 mph from 6 o'clock. Winds were wobbling my shooting bench a bit, those groups might be an inch or so smaller off a concrete bench or from the ground. The grass was too much for me to get on the ground though, I wouldn't have seen my target.

At this point I'm enjoying this rifle. I took it out to 600 yards on some rocks. The difference is that normally with the 308 I'd be shooting at grapefruit-size rocks at 600. With this 7.62x39 I'm shooting at rocks the size of a mini-fridge at 600...….grin

The rifle functioned 100% through about 50 rounds of 124gr FMJ. It bobbled twice going through 40 rounds of the 154gr SP. The soft lead tip looked a bit flattened as if it had slammed into the feed ramp. Going forward I'll skip the soft-point ammo.

A few pics,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm weighing up a permanent sight for this rig and find myself deciding on going with iron sight, maybe a fixed Troy or DD, or maybe a 3X prism optic.