Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Call it what you wish. If I gave a chitt what you think I'd pull the pics and post them. I don't. The only systems still working on the bird were the power plant, drive train (perforated) and rotors (perforated). It was scrapped as non-repairable. None of the 6 on board were wounded which was a miracle in it's own right. Probability is just that and nothing more.

Thats the typical response of someone full of chit. What is the AC's data tag number. I'll look it up. Single engine Huey, 176 small arms rounds impacted on a Huey with six onboard and losing all but drivetrain and power plant, not one person hit is impossible. You lost all comm/Nav and nobody took a hit? Haha you have been watching to many movies. The aircraft was scraped because of repairable small arms fire damage. Hmmm we have these really nifty things called Cabin and Tailboom fixtures. Hueys were originally designed to be thrown away but they soon realized how cost effective and easy it is to rebuild them. I have rebuilt a few from Colombia that have seen some serious damage. They were trucked to Guaymaral were we rebuilt them. Also Worked on the Hawk that struck a landmine on the mountain the FARC cleaned the landing spot for. Google Colombia Blackhawk hit by land mine you can see the video.

Guess I forgot the tail number. Only been 48 years, excuse me all to hell. Mebbe you forgot something in the fine print. I did not say nobody was hit, I said nobody was wounded you silly phuoc. You have any familiarity with ceramic composite armor such as was in use back then? And that's about as much discussion as I have time for at the moment.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain