I’d like to know the secret handshake but have done pretty good so far. We made it to Rock Hill and just getting settled in to the hotel. One thing this western boy noticed is that the scenery doesn’t change much. A 3 hour drive back home could go from temperate rainforest to sub-alpine to desert in that amount of time. Also not much change in elevation which is fine since my head cold prevents me from equalizing. 😁 I haven’t met anyone yet that wasn’t pleasant and polite.

I’ve heard that Savannah is beautiful and that’s on our short list but Charleston/Mt. Pleasant had everything I need and fishing seems to be very popular and accessible which is all I need, ultimately.

I don’t know why the south would get a bad rap since I’ve always felt welcome and at ease in the south. Charleston is definitely a place we’ll investigate more as far as house hunting goes. We could easily spend a part of the year down here fishing and eating (my drinking days are behind me for the most part 😁).

I have always enjoyed traveling this country and this area is so rich with history that the family had to listen to me giving them a history lesson for the last 3 hours as we imagined what privations the Civil War soldiers had to endure.

Thanks again to all that have contributed to this thread and our experience in your beautiful corner of our country. God bless!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~