There are 6m (50 MHz) FM mobiles and many of the full feature HF radios include 6m, very few handhelds and to work well it would require a 5' long antenna. I just googled and apparently the WouXun (pronounced somewhat like "Oh, Sheen") KG-UV5D handheld includes 6 meters, but I didn't see a Baofeng that does.

I have found that 6 meter FM is the most underused band in all of ham radio. Theoretically it should propagate better point to point than the 2 meter and 440 MHz (or 460 MHz of FRS).

Ham radio has many facets. The most basic license allows use for all these VHF/UHF frequencies and repeaters. the 2 higher licenses give access to the HF or "shortwave" frequencies that propagate around the continent or around the world. But HF is beyond the scope of hunting radios.

One thing I thought would be a lot of fun for HF ham radio and hunting is to hold a "hunting season net" every evening after dark during hunting season and we could all talk to each other about what we saw, shot or didn't.... sorta makes the campfire bigger.... but while there seems to be a lot of crossover between shooting-hunting-ham radio (all gadget hobbies) I don't think we'd have enough interest to really get such a net (group conversation, usually moderated) going.

Poole
. _ . _ .... _ _ _ . _