Thanks for the info.

I had to pick up a 2 meter license for job radios, and decided to go a bit further on my own. I wanted a back up radio system for safety reasons when hunting. I want utility more than a hobby. I actually find it irratating when I try to find build plans for a hidden attic antenna. And people keep trying to teach me antenna theory. I just want the building plans...lol.
I wouldn't mind talking with others on hunter.net (If established). But what I was after was a means for medical response in the event of an accident. (Much like that kid they made a movie about. The one who got his arm caught and cut off his own arm to survive.) Or we even had a local weatherman who had to crawl for miles for assistance after a fall.

As for 6 meter...
I know the baofeng 3 could not do it. It was 2 meter only. The baofeng 5 is not yet programmed but it has more capacity. I need to see what it is capable of.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~