I definitely can tell the difference in groups fired with cartridges that have run-out that varies by .002/.008. My question was “do straightened rounds shoot on a par with rounds that are concentric to begin with”.

FC,
Your’s is the answer I was looking for and hope is true since it seems that I have to straighten several out of a box of fifty. Thanks.

Mule Deer,
It is your fault (along with Mathman) that I question such things as run-out. I read your books! For years I just took whatever came out of the bullet seating die and wondered about those fliers......

Steve,
To clarify, I don’t remove primers with the sizing die but instead use a universal decapper for that purpose. The reason I leave the expander stem loose is that I re-size without it in the die, then in an added step I re-install the stem and expand the necks on the upstroke of the case. I leave it loose thinking it will self-center as it goes into the case.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug