True, and I get that the 6.5 has an awesome SD. The best I can get out of my CM with 143 ELD's is around 2700 through a 26" barrel. My 24" 7-08 pushes a 140 partition or Accubond around 2950 with a little more diameter. More speed + larger frontal area = bigger smack. Just different schools of thought and this is a tried and true combination for me. If the 6.5 is the largest round that a person (of any age or gender) can shoot accurately then it is absolutely the best choice for whatever game they choose and the Barnes are outstanding bullets.

Like I said, I'm new to the 6.5 world and have limited real world exposure on game. For now I'll stick to deer sized game, especially after my outfitters reaction. The hunter with the 6.5CM did get his elk, but apparently there was about a 1/2 mile tracking job. I'm sure shot placement had a large part in it, but this is my limited field experience with the round. My Savage is a joy to shoot and very accurate with several different loads. Again, can't wait to try it on deer this fall. I just don't have the personal experience to feel confident for using it on elk or moose yet.