Sounds like your AccuBond was one of those made for a brief period, a year or two after they first appeared, when one Nosler employee tried to speed up his part of the assembly-line process. AccuBonds started selling so well, so fast that he apparently thought speeding-up would be a good thing, but all it did was create "AccuBombs," which not only didn't bond but were annealed by the heating process used in bonding, so were very soft.

Nosler caught the problem quickly during their testing of bullets both for accuracy and "test-media" performance, but some had already been shipped to distributors. They recalled as many as possible, but some had already been sold to customers.

I've been using AccuBonds since they were first introduced, and have not only killed plenty of game with 'em but seen plenty used by hunting companions as well. The big game has included both North American and African game from pronghorns and springbok to grizzly, elk, kudu, zebra and eland, with on-game performance similar to Partitions, the way Nosler designed AccuBonds to work. Somehow I missed the short "AccuBomb" period, but occasionally somebody still brings it up here.

At moderate velocities the AccuBond Long Range bullets perform very much like standard AccuBonds, the ones that act like Partitions. At higher muzzle velocities they lose a little more weight, especially at closer ranges, but still normally exit deer-sized game.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck