I've killed many head of big game, varmints, exotics in the last 25yrs with Barnes bullets. The Original X, the X with Secant ogive, the XLC, then the TSX and TTSX. From .22 caliber to .340 ( I used "similar" Failsafe bullets in the .375 H&H) they were "dynamic killers". I am one of those that firmly believes its like using a bigger cartridge or two with a cup n core bullet. Mr Brooks was available for a phone question from me, back in '93. I was asking about the 160x in the .280AI. He said it would kill like a "300 Mag with regular bullets". Well, since then I have paid very close attention to kills and used a knife alot to follow wound channels. I have recovered very few bullets, those I did went "a couple or more feet, not inches". That 127 LRX load Creedmoor will work just fine on broadside shots, especially at 200yds and under and will probably "kill like a .270/130gr" or even bigger round! There's a guy over in Colorado that uses the 120TTSX in his 6.5/06 on mule deer and elk, with shouts of glee and joy! Maybe he will chime in? I had a real nice 6.5 Creedmoor made up on a Mod 7, synthetic stock with a 24" Shilen, Kepplinger Set trigger...was all set to really wring it out when I had to sell it to help my Mom (nursing home). I felt it would be a great deer rifle, cow elk (for my use), spare rifle, etc. One has to see a 6.5 "anything" used in the field with quality bullets to really appreciate them, in my "most humble opinion". YMMV smile

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 07/17/18.