Congratulations, jorgeI, on the very fun purchase.

Originally Posted by Bighorn
JorgeI,

Congrats on owning one of the finest handguns made. I have owned three of them, still have one, that I hunt with, a 10" octagon barreled, MagNaPorted version, custom .454 Casull assembled with trigger job, sling swivel studs, etc. It wears a Burris 2X scope in Lovell mounts, and is crazy accurate with both factory and handloaded ammo.

It originally cost me around $1200 to have my gun built the way I wanted it. To do so today, with the options on it, would cost well over $3,000!

BTW- I see yours is wearing the Pachmayr grips. I tried them on all my FA Casulls, and went back to their original Rosewood grips- I found that allowing the guns to 'roll' back in the grip upon firing seemed to reduce felt recoil. Besides, they look really cool on the stainless FA's.

Very interesting. I had one and heard about letting it slide in the hand. I replaced the wood with the Pachmayrs and never went back. My favorite load was a Freedom Arms 240 grain hollow point at 2,014 feet per second. Occasionally I fired a whole calendar under 2" at 100 yards. Usually the groups ran about 2 1/2-2 3/4". One time I tried three shot groups from the same chamber. The first was 1 1/16", the second was 15/16" and the third was 9/16". I found it preferred CCI 250 Magnum primers. Mine ran an 18 ounce trigger.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter