[quote][/quote]
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Nice fish.

I like that set up.

Who makes that holster/belt?

DF

Thanks DF. It is an Old Trading Post 1880 Mexican Vaquero Bandoleer Shoulder Holster with Ammo Loops: https://www.oldtradingpost.com/old-...51.html?zenid=ibt8d1tm5las4n5ndr8f50iah7

They can custom make them for any gun. I had one made for my Ruger DA 5.5” .454, but the one pictured, I think, is just a standard model for a 7.5” Blackhawk, which was cheaper, and my 7.5” FA fit in it nicely.

You can flip it so that what is normally the back part of the strap goes over your left shoulder and what is normally the front part of the strap goes under your right armpit, which results in a belly/chest holster.

I like that you can take it off without unsnapping anything and put on or take off layers underneath it and just throw it back on fairly quickly.

Originally Posted by bobmn
Marine: I noticed in your photo of the outstanding greyling you are wearing hip boots. If you ever fish where you need waders or wear a pack with waist belt, I recommend the El Paso Saddlery 1942 Tanker holster. The Crossfire Alaskan is another chest holster that is cheaper and more versatile because it can also be used on the belt. However I like leather instead of synthetic.

Thanks Bob. I will look at those. I primarily was going after bigger fish:

[Linked Image]

But I didn’t want to carry my rifle around all of the time in case that guy's cousin decided to mount a revenge counterattack after I was done with that while we were working our way down river to our pickup point.