If you can get them to shoot in your particular rifle, the 55's and above would be my choice also, especially in the hunting designed bullets. However, in my rifles they just aren't going to cooperate and the 40's are like a laser, so I stick with them for now. I have other tools for larger game so it isn't an issue to me. Nosler makes some awesome bullets, but design parameters matter and the 40 BT's aren't designed as hunting bullets, they are designed as varmint bullets and as such are extremely fragile and explosive. I remember a rock chuck hunt over a wheat field where the chucks were at the far end of the field at around 300-400 yards, depending on where they would pop up. Several shots that day would hit the grain heads of the almost ready wheat fairly close to where the chucks were located. The bullets would completely come apart and wouldn't even bother the chucks, sometimes allowing for a follow up shot. On further inspection, you could see where the bullet had hit the rock around the chuck and it looked like specks of pepper sprinkled on the rock. Not a bullet I would trust to take down deer sized game, IMHO. The chucks we did hit that day were practically blown in half. Keep in mind we were pushing them in my 22-250 at around 4200 fps ahead of a load of Varget and even the 223 AI was pushing them around 4000 so they were like a little nuclear warhead on a mission.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.