Originally Posted by DollarShort
I had seen a VSSF a few weeks ago and kind of overlooked it for the very reason of it being a 12 twist, even though otherwise it was a very appealing rifle.
But.....
I just mistakenly got a closet queen 12 twist Ruger 77 Mark II for about half the price of the used VSSF, so glad to see this thread. I had thought it was a 9 twist until I got almost all the way there to pick it up, but when I saw the high gloss blue and decent grain to the walnut I went ahead and got it anyway. Also, I had a buddy that shot 62 Fusions and 64 PowerPoints out of a stainless boat paddle Mark II and he always did really well with those. So I thought, what the heck, for less than a new RAR Predator, I’ll give it a go.

I've got one of those Rugers but mine is the 20 inch Ultralight. Mine shoots the 50gr Barnes TTSX over TAC into just over 1/2 inch. It shoots about the same with the 63gr Sierra over Varget. Best I've gotten from the 55gr Hornady SP is about an inch, also over Varget.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.