Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
We’ll just keep an eye on the fire watches.

What about bugs? Is bug repellant essential for 3rd week of October or is it dead weight?

You won't need bug repellent. You might need a snow shovel and tire chains though. Where in AL are you coming from?

The very far Southeastern corner, about as far away as I can be and be in Alabama. I do plan on getting some chains just in case. I do have a 4x4 Tacoma TRD with rear locker that we’ll be driving. Looking at Gunnison weather averages and then accounting for elevation changes, if I go where I want to right now, average weather would be highs in the low 50’s and lows in the teens. Yeah, camp fire will be essential lol.

As someone else mentioned it's possible that the fire bans will still be in place, but I doubt it. You'll be fine with the Tacoma and chains. I've only used chains four times since 1996, but each time it would have been a disaster without them. Weather can be 15-75 that time of year. Just never know.

Sounds like you're in the Orange Beach area. We might be down there the end of August.