Sights are about like a USGI 1911. No great shakes, but serviceable for their intended purpose. Mag release is in a different location, but Beretta mags designated for a Model 92FS (as opposed to M9) still come with the cutouts to work in these. I bought two at the gun store, making three total. M9 marked mags won't work, since they only have the modern cutouts.

Also, there's no flare at the bottom of the front strap, like on the M9 and 92FS. That was a feature requested by the US Military before adoption, which they carried over to their civilian models, too, thereafter. These were purchased by the Italian police before that change was made.

Also, the front and back straps are smooth, whereas the US Military requested vertical grooves for both, which were added with the 92FS/M9.

PS I bet they didn't see a whole lot of rounds fired through them. I don't think typical Italian cops spend a lot of time at the range. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

PPS I was pleasantly surprised that the grip screws were in such nice shape, seeming never to have been messed with. Grips are in pretty good shape, too, considering.