To All,

Numerous members of what my Darla calls "The OF's Group", i.e., Retired US Armed Forces member who meet biweekly for lunch, have bought the "old-school" Beretta 92S pistols, after one of our number bought one from classicfirearms.com & "showed it off" to us. = His was so "near new" internally & "lightly holster-worn" externally that several more guys bought one, too.
(So far, I've NOT bought a 92S, as I'm "saving my nickels & dimes" to buy an original 1863 Richmond Sharps RM.)

SOME members paid the "hand select fee": & some did not. = I've seen any number of the pistols that were received & ALL of them look about the same inside/outside. = 90% plus finish outside & essentially "as new" inside.

EVERYONE who bought a 92S likes what they received, though a FEW members stated that their 92S will only chamber/shoot FMJ or 115grain JHP. = The 92S was designed to feed/fire FMJ only, as the Italian civilian police (then) & their AF now do NOT use HP ammo.
(Fwiw, my treasured, EX-West German Police, Sig-Sauer P6 in 9mm, which is marked: 04/82, will also only "feed" FMJ & 115 grain HP ammo. = Buying 115 grain HP is NOT a handicap to me but that's just my opinion. = IF I'm wearing trousers, the P6 is in my belt holster; I've never felt "under-gunned" carrying it.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836