Originally Posted by satx78247
The_Real_Hawkeye,

YEP. My P6 has the "old-style feed ramp" that was designed for ONLY feeding FMJ but it feeds all sorts of 115 grain JHP (including the +P+ "LE ONLY" ammo) just fine, thanks.
(I've tried several brands of 124 JHP but wasn't "impressed" with the feeding of that ammo. 147 grain JHP won't feed at all.)

I could send the barrel to a PA gunsmith, with a USPS MO for 35.oo & get it back in a "guaranteed to feed 147 grain JHP" within 10 business days but haven't bothered to do so & likely will NOT.

yours, tex

Thanks Tex. I also have a Taurus PT92 (mechanically almost identical to the Beretta 92 series), and I have put the two chamber mouths up next to each other. They appear to be identical, and I know the PT92 will feed any commonly used design of JHP ammo. I had assumed, therefore, that this Beretta was already set up to feed JHP ammo of any commonly used design. I guess I'll find out.

PS I've asked others who've purchased these Italian police trade in Berettas, and have been told that they feed JHP ammo just fine.