A year and a half ago, I traded my '05 Ram 2500 cummins on a new Ram 2500 with the 6.7 cummins.

The only problem I ever had with the '05 was a window motor control switch and then the water pump at 114k miles.

The new one pulls our 5th wheel like it's not even back there. I love the exhaust braking and most of the features on the truck. I spent a lot of time in a Ford and a Chevy (trucks at work) before we went back with the Ram. To me, the Ram was more comfortable and I like the cummins.

With that said, I've now had 4 recalls on my truck in recent months and I'm getting sick and tired of having to take it into the shop. First was some programming deal to keep the truck from potentially rolling away while parked on a slope. Second was the water pump. Third was the tailgate lock. Now, its a solenoid in the transmission that can cause your vehicle to only have 1st gear. Still waiting on the part to come in to fix that one.

While none of the items above have actually happened to my truck, the fact that I seemingly (lately) have to keep taking it in for them to fix another recall is getting pretty damn old. But, I still think I'd choose the Ram. And, I believe their moving production for the 2500/3500's back to the US.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan