Have probably mentioned this before, but Eileen and I have taken more than 20 species of big game around the world with Partitions, from the 60-grain .224 to 400-grain .416.

I started using Partitions at the tail end of the lathe-turned era, and while once in a while a certain bullet refuses to shoot in an inch or less, even those first bullets with the "relief ring" would do an inch or less, in the Remington 700 ADL .270 and "sporterized" 1903 Springfield that were only two big game rifles I owned at the time. (The Partitions were 130 .270's and 200 .30's.)

This doesn't mean I consider Nosler Partitions the only premium big game bullet. Have used a bunch of others, mostly with good results Eileen was the first hunter to provide a field report on elk with the 140 TSX, back when TSX's were introduced in 2004, but I had already used various versions of the original X-Bullet on considerable big game. Have also personally used, or witnessed, the results of many other premiums on big game, including some no longer made, such as the Winchester Fail Safe. Most have worked great, though there have been a few failures, whether in expansion or penetration.

Every year we both use several different kinds of big game bullets, either to see how they do, or because we like how they work for specific jobs. Last fall we used the Barnes TTSX, Hornady GMX and SST, and Tipped Trophy Bonded on our big game animals. Please note there wasn't a Nosler Partition (or indeed any Nosler bullet of any kind) among them.

But so far, over 40 years of Partition use, I haven't found another bullet that kills game significantly "better," or penetrates meaningfully deeper IF the right Partition is chosen for the job at hand, whether shooting pronghorns at 400 yards or buffalo up close.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck