First post. I started using Partitions in the late '60's and they have treated me well. I shot my first moose in 1959. My dad always preached neck/back of the head shots. When we moved to central Alaska in 1951 he bought a new Model 70 30-06 with a Williams receiver sight, and he was a deadly shot with it. All of these years I followed this method. .375 H&H, 7mm mag, 30-06 it didn't matter. I probably didn't need the Partitions for this particular shot, but they shot well and gave me confidence in bear country. We never lost a moose. This year my son tried a lung shot on a 2 year old at 50 yds. Bullet entered right behind the near leg and exited the opposite side slightly forward hitting the far leg, but no bones were hit, not even ribs. The bullet did a good job, the moose was down in 30 feet. I was amazed at the amount of lost meat in the far shoulder. A lot of blood shot all through that shoulder. Load was a Federal High Energy 30-06 with the 180 grain partition. I am thinking seriously about changing to the 220 grain partitions at slightly reduced velocity of 2400 fps for the future. The longest shot I ever had to make on a moose was 300 yds. (but most are much closer) and the 220's should hold up well in this application. Maybe less meat loss and better bear protection in the woods.