Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by rost495
[quote=pete53]

So you are suggesting not practicing with what you would hunt with or at the least a round thats identical in wind drift? That would be the worst advice I"ve ever seen on this forum I do believe.

By what some of us choose to shoot, competition wise, you can learn wind, but its not the best and not relative to your hunting rifle.

If I wanted to learn and wasn't interested in competition, I'd shoot my hunting rifle. Period. Learn it. Rebarrel it as often as needed.

Sometimes I think you should be savage53 not Pete 53

> yes I understand you boys drive or ride to your baited stands in Texas and sure its easy to carry a big heavy rifle up a stair case and use this rifle at 1000 yards too in the desert country of Texas also. well I live in northern Minnesota we don`t have many places to shoot 1000 yards, nor do we have the heat or wind that Texas has we have cold and snow which produces much bigger deer ,we also have to hike to our cold stands in thick woods,many times many of us hike over a mile or two, so we generally use different caliber/cartridges ,lighter rifles when we hunt deer than what heavier rifles we use for competition.i use a 257 Weatherby Mag. for deer but for competition I use a 6 B.R. a lot for competition.>>> maybe you should quit shooting deer on baited stands and learn to hike and hunt deer like a real hunter does ?

A 'real hunter'! Dude....at 78 years age I got more time wiping my a rse in the woods than you'll ever spend hunting! Your story is akin to "yeah...when I was little I had to walk ten miles to school through a snow storm every morning"! More BS!

yep thats funny ! keep wipe`n your butt.

Last edited by pete53; 10/10/18.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman